Friday 13 January 2012

Same Sex Marriage: A Threat to Humanity?


If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.  

 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, NIV


The Roman Catholic pope recently made a statement that same sex marriage is a threat to humanity. This statement was further supported by the CBCP saying that people of the same sex should not get married. According to the RC Bishop Oscar Cruz, saying that same sex marriage is okay is a big lie (haven't they already committed lies just to stop the RH Bill from being passed?). He said he sympathizes with the gay community, but personally speaking, sympathy is not what we (LGBT's) need - we need acceptance and for people to have open minds.

I am now wondering...

Why did the pope made such statements? Is it because he is homophobic?


Why not bring his focus to world poverty and hunger? Why divert his attention to the LGBT Community?  Is it because the LGBT community is a minority and they are easier to bully?

Isn't population explosion also a threat to humanity? Why not use his influence over his legions to carry out measures which will solve these problems?


How about priests sexually molesting children? Isn't it a threat as well? Why just keep quiet about it?


How about the internal armed conflicts in certain countries? They're not threats to humanity? Why not become a mediator between the two warring sides? I thought the religion existed  to promote peace.


I really cannot understand...


I thought they came to bring peace - but why there is so much hate in them?


I thought they came to unite - but why do they make divisions? Righteous ones against sinners... heterosexuals against homosexuals...

I thought they came to bring justice- but why did the child-molester priests run free? Why do they hide them?


I thought they came to set people free - but why do they take control even with the matters of the state?


I thought they came to promote love - yet they call it a threat to humanity...


When has marriage founded in love become a threat to humanity? Isn't it more threatening to marry someone because you are forced to? Or being obliged to be a wife of somebody in the hope of opening up your mind and not becoming a lesbian?


Same-sex marriage is founded in love. It is a commitmentof two people to love each other and live their lives together as one.

There are also people who say they know everything about love yet not love.


Now, who's the threat to humanity?